I had a blast... and a whirlwind (just as predicted below). It's strange how this overwhelming feeling of comfort comes over me when I reunite with my family and friends after not seeing them for months. And it is so weird how it's as if we are together every day. Time doesn't come between us. I never understood what people meant when they said that - I mean, how could that be possible? Not speaking and seeing people for months at a time and then it's just "normal" when you are together again?? Yes. That is exactly how it is. And I love it. When you are connected to people in a way that your hearts are only whole with each other, meager phone conversations are not what keep you together. It's about your whole being a part of one another. But, here are a few highlights from the trip:
Tucker remembered me!! For the first time! He came running when I walked in the door. I thought my heart was going to explode. Literally. My entire trip was that way for the most part. I had a wonderful time with my friends *Joanna, Brittani and Charlie*. We missed Candace, and I hate I didn't get to see Caroline. But they were celebrated in their absence. :)
I also learned (again for the 1000th time) how amazing my sister is. From the thought she puts in to every little detail to the reality of the big picture - she is truly incredible. I pray that one day I am half the wife/mother/daughter that she is to her family. She, my mom and I took made the trip back to Atlanta together. A well deserved girls' day to celebrate Sister's birthday. It was so much fun. We never get to spend just "us" time together anymore. We had a blast. But, it also made it a lot harder to say goodbye. All I can say is that I cried from the moment I saw the "Hartsfield-Jackson Airport" sign (okay, maybe it started an hour before I knew we had to leave Lenox Square) all the way through check-in, security (even got selected for special screening), finding my gate (which in Atlanta you have to basically travel back to Alabama it's so spread out), etc... until I saw Ben and Jerry's. It was bad and I looked a little crazy, but it was out of my control. Just as my heart becomes whole when I first see those 2, it breaks in half when I have to say goodbye.
I can't wait to see the people I love the most again. Soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First of all, you give me way too much credit! Second of all, I'm so thankful you were here for my birthday...it really was great, and I can't wait to visit you in the big city. Third of all, last night we were in Tucker's room and he pointed at that book you gave him and said, "I wanna read Alye's book." I asked him a couple times because I couldn't believe that was actually what he was saying! We both miss you!
ReplyDelete